- Richard Kew on why he is no longer willing to pay for daily print journalism. Hint: it’s not worth paying for and the future is electronic.
- The passing of Richard John Neuhaus and the end an era of Catholic neoconservatism and the religious right.
- Disgraced evangelist Ted Haggard on his gay cure where he claims straight and gay are “stereotypical boxes” and he doesn’t fit in either.
- A few days late (my recommendation, not her post) but Cathleen Falsani has an excellent post about the meaning of the Epiphany or the “Feast of Aha.”
- Tom Friedman on the impact of teachers on bailing us out and moving the US to renewed prosperity.
And, of course, there are fewer than 10 days (9 to be exact) left in the W administration. I’m sure I missed a lot, during the last few weeks, about the transition but will catch up. Obama has a big job to do, lots of things need attention and I am thankful he is our new president and not the other guy–what was his name?